Monitor and Diagnose ST 2110 IP Broadcast Production Video Networks
The new Inspect 2110 Probe from Telestream monitors ST2110 IP video networks providing the automated visibility and diagnostics operations teams need. Broadcast production is changing from SDI to IP video bringing several benefits in flexibility, scale and efficiency. However that flexibility brings operational challenges to ensure the IP video network is working as expected.
Inspect 2110 Features:
- Up to 100Gbps of monitoring capacity for up to 100 ST2110 essence streams
- Confirm video streams are present and correct including format, video, audio, and data
- Ensure redundant video streams are the same and healthy
- Check that PTP synchronisation is correct and operational
- View network traffic and program flow through the network
- Link to PRISM to enable detailed analysis
IP Video Monitoring
Inspect 2110 monitors TS 2110 video streams across a production or contribution network to make sure they are present and working as expected. A notification will be triggered if the format, video, audio or data has errors or differs from the SDP file. Thumbnails provide visual indication of program status, and penalty box provides immediate visibility of error conditions for diagnostics.
- PTP timing and synchronisation is critical for IP video networking, and Inspect 2110 verifies that synchronisation is operating and correctly sync’d across video, audio and data streams.
- Inspect 2110 provides PTP status monitoring and PTP metrics reporting and simplifies automated detection of PTP issues and diagnostics, saving time and reducing errors.
Health Checks and Prism Connection
Easily view program details including format, video, and audio as well as A/B redundant stream comparison and health checks. Inspect 2110 provides support for IP Standards including ST2110-10, ST2110-20, ST2110-21, ST2110-30, ST2110-40 and ST2022-7.
A direct link to PRISM Media Analyzer provides deep video waveform analysis, with multiple PRISM units able to be linked to any Inspect 2110 Probe.
High Performance for 100GE Networks
Inspect 2110 software uses a high performance container based architecture supporting up to dual 100G Ethernet in a server configuration now, plus virtual and cloud configurations near term. Telestream IQ and Prism engineers worked together to ensure the latest monitoring technology works well within the IQ Solution ecosystem and directly links to PRISM for IP analysis.