Nominees for HbbTV Awards 2019 Announced
The HbbTV Association, a global initiative dedicated to providing open standards for the delivery of advanced interactive TV services through broadcast and broadband networks for connected TV sets and set-top boxes, is proud to announce the shortlists of entries nominated for the HbbTV Awards 2019, showcasing and celebrating excellence in the HbbTV community.
The finalists are (by category and in alphabetical order):
Best marketing or promotion of an HbbTV based service
FTV Prima, spol. s r.o.: Boosting HbbTV awareness on the Czech Market
Megamedia Televisión: SERVICE PROPOSAL CREATION AND MAINTENANCE OF WEB AND SOCIAL NETWORKS LOVEStv
ProSiebenSat.1 Digital GmbH: Recommendation System
Best multiscreen HbbTV experience
- Bayerische Medien Technik GmbH: Fernsehen für ALLE/TV for EVERYONE
- BT: Football at Home, multiscreen presentation
- Czech Television: iVysilani
- FTV Prima, spol. s r.o.: HbbTV – connecting all online platforms
- IRT: Universal Launcher
Best tool for HbbTV development or delivery
- Fincons Group: Smart Digital Platform: the HbbTV / ATSC3.0 video celebrities smart watching use case
- Kinet TV s.r.o.: KiNET CREATOR
- Nomor Research GmbH: HbbTV Conformance Software
- Sofia Digital Ltd: Sofia Backstage(R) Author 3.0
Best use of HbbTV for advertising and promotion
- ENENSYS: AdsReach
- FTV Prima, spol. s r.o.: HbbTV reporting for clients based on Big Data
- Hybrid Company: Emirates Match
- TeraVolt GmbH: Promotion Handball World Cup Live Streams
Best use of HbbTV for content discovery (VOD and broadcaster guides)
- Czech Television: iVysilani
- FTV Prima, spol. s r.o.: HbbTV VOD app: How to discover the best content for users?
- SES: HD+ integrated in TV sets
Best use of HbbTV for enhanced TV services
- ARD Play-Out-Center: Replay
- DOTSCREEN: Arte HbbTV
- FTV Prima, spol. s r.o. TVOD – Previews of prime-time series in HbbTV
- Hybrid Company: Czech Radio
- ProSiebenSat.1 Digital: Can you survive moon?
- RTS – Radio Télévision Suisse: “Inside Risk” an interactive TV
- Vewd: Live broadcast TV enhancement with OTT audio using HbbTV
- ZDF: Biathlon World Cup and Fernsehgarten 360° Live Streaming in HbbTV
Best use of HbbTV for Operator applications
- DOTSCREEN: Amazin’TV
- Panasonic: HD+ HbbTV OpApp
A Judges Grand Prix award will also be selected from across the categories.
There will also be an award for the best individual contribution to the HbbTV Association.
The shortlists of finalists will be put forward to an independent jury of industry experts selecting the winners. Details about the jury members can be found here.
The prizes will be awarded at a prestigious ceremony on November 21, 2019. The event forms part of the 8th HbbTV Symposium and Awards, taking place on November 21-22, 2019 in Athens, Greece. All finalists are invited to attend the awards ceremony.
“We are excited about the large number and broad variety of compelling HbbTV services and applications submitted during the call for entries for this year’s HbbTV Awards,” said Vincent Grivet, Chair of the HbbTV Association. “This confirms the leading role of the HbbTV specifications as an enabler of innovative services enhancing the TV viewing experience.”