NAGRA Highlights Smartly Digital Strategies for Pay-TV and Content Owners at CES
At CES 2019, NAGRA will demonstrate its latest technologies and solutions in end-to-end content value protection, active content monetisation and smart business operations with a focus on cloud-based and as-a-service strategies for pay-TV service providers and content owners. Solutions will be on display at NAGRA’s new location in The Venetian Meeting Rooms, Level 4, Zeno 4609, from January 8-11, 2019.
“As we move into 2019, pay-TV service providers are uniquely positioned to create a truly unified experience by proactively blurring the lines between pay-TV and OTT to become the central gateway to all content that consumers love,” said Ivan Verbesselt, SVP Marketing, NAGRA. “At CES, we will showcase solutions that enable operators to be ‘smartly digital’ and effectively claim their new role as super-aggregators by ensuring an efficient on-boarding of OTT content, effective content value protection and an elegant data-driven approach to content discovery that actively drives service loyalty and monetisation.”
NAGRA’s key themes, demonstrations and events at CES 2019 will include:
- Content Value Protection from Origin to Consumption featuring NAGRA’s new cloud-based Security Service Platform, cloud.SSP, a true multi-tenant solution that elastically scales and flexibly delivers the latest security technologies as-a-service to pay-TV operators; NAGRA’s comprehensive approach to Android TV security; cloud-based direct-to-TV security with TVkey Cloud, supported by TVkey 2.0; as well as the latest developments to defeat piracy through active security with anti-piracy services and forensic watermarking.
- Active Content Monetisation for the OTT Era: the flexibility of OpenTV Suite allows operators to create an engaging user experience that actively drives consumer loyalty and content monetisation. With scalable low-latency streaming technology, sports leagues and teams can now also deliver an immersive fan experience for sports OTT directly to consumers, worldwide to any device, including Android TV.
- Smart Business Operations with Data Analytics and AI: NAGRA Insight, an AI-driven, pay-TV data analytics platform enables service providers to make better business decisions to improve their bottom line, take control of the data they own and create personalized actions that drive monetization, along with subscriber value, content, quality of experience, and targeted advertising.
- Smart Home Security: NAGRA’s HomeScout, a cloud-based solution that monitors devices and IP traffic over the home network to ensure ongoing privacy, safety and smart parental controls, allows service providers to gain better insight into the home network and ensure that their subscribers get the best Smart Home and network access experience, leading to fewer service calls and lower churn.
- IoT Security: the Kudelski Group’s IoT Security Platform allows device manufacturers and service providers to secure the entire, end-to-end product lifecycle of their connected devices in order to create new business models and improve operational efficiency. The platform provisions and secures millions of devices with unique secrets to enable device security, data security (at rest and in motion) and access management, using simple APIs. Kudelski IoT will demonstrate a cellular-connected Smart Camera – protected end-to-end – as an example of the platform’s capabilities, leveraging technologies from ecosystem partners u-blox and SmarDTV Global.