Grass Valley Unveils iTX Flex – Cloud-Based Playout
In the age of the on-demand consumer, content delivery solutions must be designed to seamlessly connect and monetise, allowing broadcasters to deliver programs quickly and to the right platform so that viewers can watch what they want, when and where they want. At NAB 2018, Grass Valley is exhibiting cloud and virtualised playout solutions for all broadcasters’ needs, featuring the brand new iTX Flex, the industry’s first true-cloud automated playout platform.
Now that Grass Valley and SAM content delivery solutions are combined, customers have access to an industry-leading selection of products that will fit the needs of any operation, regardless of size, budget or business need. All the platforms customers have come to rely upon are now available from one supplier, making it easier for customers to choose the right blend of solutions for their business.
Headlined by the new iTX Flex, the full range of content delivery solutions from the expanded portfolio will be on display at NAB 2018:
- iTX Flex cloud-based playout platform – this new solution offers cloud playout orchestration using microservices, provided as SaaS. iTX Flex utilises a full-featured and robust software playout engine with control and monitoring via an HTML5 browser-based UI. It enables rapid deployment allowing users to spin up channels in minutes, and is available in the cloud, on-premise or in a hybrid configuration. The solution is cost-effective and highly scalable and features the most CPU-efficient playout engine in the industry.
- iTX Integrated Playout Platform – providing true software-based playout in SD, HD or UHD with extensive HDR support. The playout engines support IP (SMPTE 2110, 2022-6 and 2022-2) and SDI or a hybrid of both.
- iTX On-Demand – specifically addresses the preparation of video on demand (VOD) and catch-up TV assets in a way that dramatically reduces operational costs and the time it takes to get content onto VOD platforms, for both pre-recorded and live content. iTX On-Demand embeds VOD asset creation into the production from the start, using powerful recipes that take the pain out of complex workflows, making them easy to execute.
- Morpheus multi-channel, multi-screen playout automation – supports control of hundreds of hardware devices, including over-the-top (OTT) devices whether the workflow is on-premise, virtualised or being housed at multiple facilities. Morpheus can control ICE for a fully integrated playout solution.
- ICE integrated channel playout – powered by Morpheus for advanced flexibility, ICE offers multiple channel outputs from a single playlist and supports 2D or 3D graphics templates with dynamic, real-time data.
“Today, virtualisation and cloud accessibility are a rapidly growing part of the playout equation. iTX Flex is designed to address this trend and give broadcasters solutions that fit into their workflow while providing them with the flexibility and agility to meet their needs,” said Raed Al Tikriti, Vice President of Content Delivery, Grass Valley. “It’s easier than ever to lose audience eyes if content isn’t getting in front of the right people in the right place at the right time. We offer a wide range of options that make that delivery possible.”
Grass Valley is demonstrating at NAB in booth SL106.