Frontier sMart Radio Technology Powers new Roberts Range
Frontier Smart Technologies has revealed the latest version of its smart radio platform, Venice 6.5 – and announces that this solution has been chosen by Roberts Radio to power their new Stream 67 audio system and the Revival iStream3 smart radio.
The Venice 6.5 module and its latest IR2.14 SDK represent a major advance in the capabilities offered by smart radio products.
The feature set provides a comprehensive range of audio and user interface options:
- Broadcast (DAB / DAB+ / FM) and internet radio – offering access to thousands of radio stations and podcasts from around the world.
- Works with Alexa, so users can control and enjoy radio or music simply by giving voice commands to any Alexa-enabled products such as the Amazon Echo, Amazon Dot.
- Built-in on-demand music services, including Spotify Connect, Amazon Prime Music, Deezer, or Tidal.
- Bluetooth music streaming.
- Intuitive user interface, with on-device controls or using the free UNDOK iOS/Android smartphone app.
In addition to the core Venice 6.5 platform, Frontier also provides a range of managed services, including: software upgrades, certification, maintenance and support – to ensure that devices in the field keep pace with developments in audio technologies.
Roberts Radio, winner of successive What HiFi awards, is launching two new models. The Stream 67 is a stunning Smart Audio system offering an exceptional audio experience. The Revival iStream 3 is the latest in the series of the highly distinctive Roberts Revival radios.
Both devices are based on Frontier’s Venice 6.5 platform.
Prem Rajalingham, Chief Commercial Officer, Frontier Smart Technologies, said, “The smart radio category is growing rapidly – with volumes up over 60 percent in the last two years. Growth is being driven by demand for audio products which combine the strengths of DAB+ and Wi-Fi connectivity and now also offer control via Alexa devices. We are delighted that Roberts have chosen Frontier’s Smart Radio platform to power the stunning new Stream 67 and Revival iStream 3 devices.
Owen Watters, CEO, Roberts Radio, said, “Our aim is to offer consumers the highest quality audio experience – with beautiful designs and guaranteed reliability. Frontier’s Venice 6.5 is an important element in helping to us develop our latest generation of audio products, the Stream 67 and Revival iStream 3. I am pleased that our longstanding relationship with Frontier continues to deliver outstanding results.”