Red Giant Universe 3.3 Adds Tools for Animated Light Trails and Powerful Blend Modes
Red Giant has released an update to Universe, its collection of GPU-accelerated plugins for editors and motion graphics artists. Universe 3.3 delivers two brand new tools and an update to four current ones in the existing Universe suite. Visual artists will have access to an even greater selection of dynamic tools for motion graphics with the introduction of Quantum and Modes and as well as the updated versions of the Glow, Glimmer, Chromatic Aberration and Hacker Text tools.
Two Brand New Tools in Red Giant Universe 3.3 include
- Quantum: This tool creates the illusion of an animated light trail in front of or behind a layer – great for text and motion graphics.
- Modes: Modes makes it easy to combine layers in entirely new ways using powerful features that go beyond the native blend modes found on an editing timeline. For artists using Avid Media composer, Modes will be a game changer.
Universe 3.3 includes a total of over 100 new presets for the new and updated tools, including:
- Glow: Universe Glow now offers inverse-square glow falloff, multi-pass chromatic aberration and the ability to glow a single color channel.
- Glimmer: This update gives users six mono or bi-directional glow streaks with variable intensity and color mapping, an animatable shimmer, variable rotation control, and color maps aligned with Trapcode’s Starglow.
- Chromatic Aberration: This tool now includes control over the focus area, the ability to split the aberration into multiple passes, and chromatic rotation.
- Hacker Text: The popular computer text tool now features customizable random characters and the ability to auto-animate the encryption and decryption.