Red Giant Universe 3.0
Red Giant has released Universe 3.0, a major update to its video effects and transitions plugins for motion graphics artists and editors. With this update, users can enjoy an enhanced user experience thanks to the brand new Universe Dashboard, a dockable control board for Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects that makes it simple to add effects and presets. Five new, customisable text generation effects give users even more ways to add a unique flair or specific look to their work. Red Giant Universe 3.0 features over 75 tools supported across 8 host-applications.
In Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, the dockable Universe Dashboard keeps tools at users’ fingertips, making it simple to explore and apply Universe’s entire library of effects and presets. Users can now save effects as favorites and easily find recently used effects and transitions – a top request from Universe users. A modified version of the Dashboard is also available for other applications outside of Adobe Creative Cloud, and is a convenient and easy way to explore the effects and presets in the Universe library.
Red Giant Universe 3.0 now includes five new customizable text effects including a multitude of presets to help users get started:
- Type Cast: Easily animate text properties like color, opacity, size, position and rotation – by the word or character.
- Type On: Quickly create computer terminal-style type reveals. Includes tons of options for customization and randomization.
- Screen Text: Fill your screen with scrolling code to create the look of an old-school or modern computer terminal. Get started with Screen Text.
- Hacker Text: Easily create computer hacker-style scrambled text animations. Simulate encrypting or decrypting text with many options for randomization and look.
- Text Tile: Generate multiple columns full of random data for use in motion graphics and computer terminal effects. Displayed information can be static or animated.
In Red Giant Universe 3.0, every tool comes with presets that can be explored via the new Dashboard. In addition, there is now a “Save Preset” button for every Universe effect that lets users save presets to the Dashboard (Adobe Creative Cloud apps) or the preset browser (non-Adobe Creative Cloud apps), depending on which application is being used.