Continuum 2019 Relaunches Particle Illusion Motion Graphics Generator
Film and television post-production professionals looking to add VFX tools to their workflows get a major creative boost from Continuum 2019. Continuum 2019 is the newest version of the comprehensive award-winning plug-in collection from Boris FX.
“Continuum is a busy editor’s best friend with hundreds of filters to accomplish a wide variety of daily tasks. The new 2019 release adds even more creative flexibility to help meet tight turnarounds,” states Boris Yamnitsky, President and Founder, Boris FX. “Continuum 2019 resurrects the renowned motion graphics generator, Particle Illusion (formerly GenArts particleIllusion), and introduces it to a new generation. We’ve rebuilt the toolset with a new easy-to-use interface, GPU-acceleration, a searchable particle emitter library, and new presets. Thanks to the new plug-in version editors and VFX artists will have the ability to quickly add high-end production value to projects without leaving their Adobe, Avid or OFX timelines.”
“Adding visually stunning titles is now simpler with the introduction of real-time image-processing shaders such as glows, rays, and blurs inside Title Studio,” continues Yamnitsky. “And the new grid and guidelines paired with new on-screen text tools make accurate text placement a snap. Finally, masking and effects isolation is easier than ever before. New point parameter-driven Mocha tracking is now available for filters such as Lens Flare 3D and Spotlights, and a new Mocha Essentials interface features four new spline tools including a magnetic tool with edge-snapping.”
“What I’m really looking forward to is Particle Illusion with its high-quality emitter elements,” says Yoram Tal, Colourist, World of Dance, NBC. “This new tool could be game-changing for adding fire, smoke, explosions, and hundreds of other visual effects into the offline and online process, especially in Avid.”
Tal continues, “Continuum 2019 also includes the new Mocha Essentials interface and I couldn’t be happier. It’s easier to navigate and features the very welcome additions of simple shape options and a new magnetic draw line tool for getting complicated shapes done quickly. As a colorist and a finisher, I don’t have hours to create masks. These new tools make great masks in seconds instead. I also love how the integrated Mocha tracking can now be used to drive effect animations and positioning.”
New in Continuum 2019:
- Particle Illusion: The completely redesigned high-end motion graphics generator (sparkles, smoke, fireworks) features a speedy real-time GPU-based engine in a simple, easy-to-use interface. Includes new professionally designed presets, a revamped searchable preset emitter library, and is included in both Continuum 2019 and the Particles Unit.
- Mocha Essentials Workspace: Simplifies the power of Mocha with an updated interface, new magnetic spline tool with edge-snapping, a new freehand spline tool, new preset geometric shapes tools for easier effect masking and rotoscoping, and support for high DPI monitors. Mocha now supports point parameter tracking inside Continuum filters such as Lens Flare 3D, Rays, and Spotlights.
- Title Studio Improvements: Title Studio adds the ability to apply GPU-accelerated effects (Image Processing Shaders such as animated glows, blurs, and volumetric lighting) directly inside its interface along with 150+ new professionally designed templates. A new grid and guide system, on-screen text tool, and on-screen text box make titling even easier than before. Now supports 8K or higher resolution.
- External Broadcast Monitor Support: The FX Browser and Title Studio now include support for external/client/broadcast monitor previews from a custom UI window. Currently only available for Blackmagic Design, AJA coming soon.
- Simplified Avid Effects List: The introduction of Mocha-based parameter tracking makes most non-real time blue dot filters unnecessary. Non-real time filters have been moved into an obsolete folder to support the older legacy Continuum tracker.