Boris FX Sapphire 2019 Packed with New Features
The newest version of Sapphire 2019 is now available. Sapphire 2019 from Boris FX delivers new creative effects to editors, VFX artists, and motion graphics artists.
“The new release takes Sapphire’s legendary LensFlare effect and Flare Designer and completely reimagines it,” states Brian Fox, Director of Product Marketing, Boris FX. “The end result is a slick user-friendly interface with increased functionality, a new preset browser integrated directly into the Flare Designer, over 27 new professionally designed presets, and a new easier component workflow to quickly create complex flares.”
Fox continues, “New effects and transitions like PixelSort, a trendy effect popular in glitch art, and WhipLash, a swish pan transition on steroids, have been added for even greater creative freedom. And significant updates to Mocha’s integrated masking and tracking tools and GPU-boosts make Sapphire 2019 a must-have for time-strapped editors and artists.”
“I’m really excited about Sapphire 2019,” says Ra-ey Saleh, Editor/Colorist. “The new WhipLash transition, a kind of suped-up swish pan effect is the next big, fun transition you’ll see all over TV!”
“The improvements to the Sapphire Flare Designer make modifying and customizing the new flare presets a breeze,” notes Alejandro Brubaker, Creative Director at sugarskullcreative.com. “The perfect lens flare can add so much value to a shot. I can’t wait to start using them!”
New in Sapphire 2019:
- Lens Flare Designer: Hollywood’s favorite photorealistic lens flare designer has been completely overhauled and redesigned with a fully customisable UI, a new flare component workflow, and tons of new presets designed by the pros.
- PixelSort: A trendy, digital glitch art effect for music videos and highly-stylised looks.
- WhipLash: A swish pan style effect in warp speed. Uses multiple copies of an image to travel through time further and faster. Features tons of advanced parameters for ultimate control.
- Transition Presets for Builder: Retro multi-colour shape wipes and organic transitions with a hand-drawn look are simple presets thanks to the new Animating Shape effect inside of Builder (Adobe After Effects CC, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Avid Media Composer, Blackmagic Resolve, and Blackmagic Fusion only).
- Mocha Essentials Workspace: Simplifies the power of Mocha with an updated interface, new magnetic spline tool with edge-snapping, a new freehand spline tool, new preset geometric shapes tools for easier effect masking and rotoscoping, and support for high DPI monitors.
- Fastest Sapphire Ever: Improved GPU performance (NVIDIA CUDA only) with significant speed increases for some hosts.
Pricing and Availability
Sapphire 2019 supports popular video host applications including Adobe After Effects CC and Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Avid Media Composer, Autodesk Flame family, and OFX hosts The Foundry Nuke, Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve and Fusion, and Magix VEGAS Pro. Full license, upgrade, and subscription options can be purchased through borisfx.com.
Multi-Host Option (includes all supported host plug-ins: Adobe, Autodesk, Avid, OFX)
- Single license: $2795
- Upgrades start at $895
- Annual subscription: $895