Pang Kin Keong and Zainul Abidin Rasheed Appointed to Mediacorp Board
Mediacorp recently announced the appointment of Mr Pang Kin Keong and Mr Zainul Abidin Rasheed to its board of directors.
Mr Pang is Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs. Prior to this, he was Permanent Secretary Ministry of Transport (2012 to 2017), Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Law (2010 to 2012) and Director, Internal Security Department (2004 to 2010). Mr Pang is a Trustee of the Singapore Universities Trust and the Community Silver Trust. The latter was set up by Government to provide matching grants for donations supporting the intermediate and long-term care sector in Singapore.
Mr Zainul Abidin Rasheed is Singapore’s Ambassador to Kuwait (non-resident) and Foreign Minister’s Special Envoy to the Middle East. He is also a Trustee of Nanyang Technological University, a Director of Temasek Cares Foundation and a Director of National Volunteer and Philanthropy Centre. Mr Zainul was a Member of Parliament from 1997 to 2011. He served as Senior Minister of State for Foreign Affairs from 2006 to 2011 and as Mayor of the Northeast Community Development Council from 2001 to 2009.
Mediacorp Chairman Ernest Wong said of the appointments, “Zainul has a wealth of experience, having held prominent positions in government, public sector institutions and civic and community organisations. He is no stranger to the media industry, having spent two decades in senior journalistic roles in the private sector. Kin Keong’s career in the civil service is a long and illustrious one. He has also distinguished himself working at the board level of several organisations. We welcome both of them to our Mediacorp board and look forward to benefitting from their deep insights and diverse and extensive experience.”
Mr Pang said, “Mediacorp has a special place in our community, bringing people together and enriching their lives with its news and entertainment programmes and services. I’m excited to join the board at a critical time when the company is transforming itself to stay relevant in the digital age with its dual role as the national broadcaster and as a commercial media and entertainment company.”
Mr Zainul said, “While the media industry has evolved greatly with the advent of digital technologies, Mediacorp has stayed relevant through reinventing its businesses and growing its integrated offerings. I look forward to contributing alongside my fellow board members with their vast and differing experiences, as the company continues to innovate to better serve a new generation.”
The Mediacorp board of directors comprises:
- Ernest Wong, Chairman, Mediacorp.
- Tham Loke Kheng, CEO, Mediacorp.
- Niam Chiang Meng, Chairman, Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore.
- Pang Kin Keong, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Rajesh Sreenivasan, Equity Partner at Rajah and Tann Singapore LLP.
- Robin Hu, Head, Sustainability and Stewardship Group, Temasek International.
- Roy Quek, Executive Chairman of Thomson Medical Group and Executive Director and Group Chief Executive of TMC Life Sciences Group.
- Scott Anthony, Managing Partner, Innosight.
- Wong Su-Yen, CEO, Human Capital Leadership Institute.
- Yap Chee Keong, Board Director, Citibank Singapore.
- Zainul Abidin Rasheed, Singapore’s Ambassador to Kuwait (non-resident) and Foreign Minister’s Special Envoy to Middle East.
SELF-SERVICE WEB SITE ADVERTISING
Manage your own ads on this web site. For more, click the button below.