AJA Announces FS-HDR v2.5 Update
AJA Video Systems has announced v2.5 firmware with new feature enhancements for the company’s FS-HDR real time High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Wide Colour Gamut (WCG) converter/frame synchroniser with Colorfront Engine video processing. The company also released new single and multi-mode fibre SFP options for FS-HDR and FS4.
v2.5 firmware enhances the Colorfront Engine transform algorithm with support for ITU BT.2408-0 Operational Practices in HDR Television. Additionally, the FS-HDR now supports a simultaneous 4K/UltraHD and 2K/HD output mode with independent SDR/HDR controls. Newly integrated BBC Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) Look Up Tables (LUTs) provide basic, mathematical HDR transforms. Infoframe generation on the HDMI monitor output provides an easy, cost-efficient solution for local monitoring on HDR-capable displays. The release will also integrate new standardised HDR test patterns. Finally, new Tangent Element Kb panel support for remote parameter control enables real-time adjustment control over FS-HDR’s key conversion parameters.
FS-HDR v2.5 feature enhancements include:
- Colorfront Engine support for ITU BT.2408-0 Operational Practices in HDR Television Production
- Simultaneous 4K/UltraHD and 2K/HD/SD dual output mode: In single-channel mode with a 4K/UltraHD input and 4K/UltraHD output, configure the SDI monitor output for SDR/BT.709, PQ/BT.2020, HLG/BT.2020 or Sony S-Log3 S-Gamut3, with these output formats and frame rates independent of the main output:
- 2K: 2048 x 1080p up to 60p
- HD: 1920 x 1080p up to 60p; 1920 x 1080PsF up to 30p; 1920x1080i 50 and 59.94; 1280x720p up to 60p
- SD: 625i 50; 525i 59.94
BBC HLG LUTs
- Support for HLG HDR dynamic range mapping per ITU BT.2408-0
- SDR, PQ, and Sony S-Log3 to HLG
- HLG to SDR and PQ
- Colorimetry: BT.709 and BT.2020
HDMI HDR Infoframe generation: Locally monitor HDR content on HDMI 2.0 HDR televisions or monitors. When an output is configured for PQ or HLG, FS-HDR will signal the selected HDR output format to the HDMI display.
HDR Test Patterns: BT.2111-0 Colour Bars and BT.814-3 Pluge
Support for third party Tangent Element Kb knob-based controller for remote parameter controls
”FS-HDR is a useful tool for live HDR productions using a variety of sources and delivery formats, and our v2.5 firmware update gives customers even greater flexibility to more easily handle production demands in a single master HDR/SDR environment,” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems.
At NAB 2018, AJA is also rolling out new SFP options for FS-HDR and FS4 frame synchronisers/converters, including:
12G-SDI Single-Mode SFP options
- FIBERLC-1RX-12G SFP 12G-SDI Single Fibre LC Receiver Single Mode 1310nm
- FIBERLC-1TX-12G SFP 12G-SDI Single Fibre LC Transmitter Single Mode 1310nm
3G-SDI Multi-Mode SFP options
- FIBERLC-1RX-MM SFP Single Fibre LC Receiver Multi-Mode 850nm
- FIBERLC-1TX-MM SFP Single Fibre LC Transmitter Multi-Mode 850nm
- FIBERLC-2RX-MM SFP Dual Fibre LC Receiver Multi-Mode 850nm
- FIBERLC-2TX-MM SFP Dual Fibre LC Transmitter Multi-Mode 850nm