Grass Valley Debuts Ultimate News Production Platform
Though news production continually grows more complex and fast-paced, Grass Valley is adding features to its news production platform to help simplify customers’ workflows. News operations are dealing with an exploding volume of User Generated Content (UGC) and a viewer expectation of instant availability on any platform, whether broadcast, mobile or social. The newly combined portfolio of Grass Valley and SAM solutions gives news professionals access to the industry’s widest selection of tools and technologies for conquering the news marketplace.
GV STRATUS 6.0 adds enhanced news orchestration capabilities, including integrated social media publishing, monitoring and tracking. In addition, increasing availability of cloud-based tools and virtualisation are having a significant impact on the newsroom, and Grass Valley is embracing this trend across the portfolio.
News solutions being featured at NAB 2018 include:
- GV STRATUS 6.0 – boasts a suite of tools including a new web client for access to GV STRATUS from anywhere on any device and support of the GV I/O SDI ingest server which features a COTS-based engine built on standard IT hardware. Additionally, GV STRATUS has new powerful social media management capabilities that allow users to post, track and delete any asset. To adapt to more UCG, the XRE Transcoder is now built into every GV Render Engine so broadcasters can enable rich transcoding without buying more hardware.
- Ignite 11 – the latest version of this news production automation tool further reduces complexity with event builder, increases flexibility with third-party switcher support, features reduced commissioning time and controls the latest T2 UHD for playback and recording in 4K UHD and 1080p.
- Momentum – a workflow and media asset management solution, offering seamless management of video, IT and Cloud storage through a powerful and versatile workflow engine. Momentum is user-configurable via a dedicated drag-and-drop editor and includes an extensible database with powerful search functions.
- Go! – a browser-based editor that can be used anywhere with an internet connection on laptops, phones and tablets. Go! utilises an HTML 5-based shot selector/editor and facilitates story creation with simple effects and voice-over functionalities.
- Rio – offers Hollywood-style post production and finishing through industry-leading colour correction and fixing tools. Rio support all standards and colour spaces up to 8K 60p.
- EDIUS – now features direct editing on the Amazon AWS platform with EDIUS Cloud and HDR native editing in HLG, PQ, S-Log and other formats. EDIUS 9 enables users to mix SDR and HDR material on the same project, and output in either, while the floating license package gives users the option to expand functionality as needed.
“News production is going to continue to evolve with new channels and new technologies, but the right equipment can transform those would-be challenges into opportunities,” said Pete Semerak, Vice President of News, Grass Valley. “News operations need tools that handle content from almost any source, can distribute that content quickly, support a cloud-based workflow to facilitate working from almost anywhere, and offer burst consumption models to deal with the changing ways content is being watched.”
Grass Valley is demonstrating its news solutions at NAB in booth SL106.