PFT Enhances CLEAR Media ERP with Improved Collaboration
Prime Focus Technologies (PFT), the technology arm of Prime Focus, has announced updates to its flagship product, CLEAR Media ERP, in an endeavour to help media and entertainment (M+E) enterprises address the growing complexities of Production workflows. The software enhancements solve longstanding industry challenges by augmenting PFT’s best-in-class security protocols and improving speed, usability, and ease of operations. They include powerful upgrades to CLEAR’s DAX Production Cloud module, which provides a single software for dailies and post workflows, and CREATE, a mobile-first solution for production management.
“The surge in Pay TV programming is driving the need for greater creative enablement and seamless collaboration with multiple stakeholders across ever-growing Production supply chains”, said Ramki Sankaranarayanan, Founder and Global CEO, Prime Focus Technologies. “The latest updates to CLEAR empower content creators with faster decision making capabilities and stand testimony to our continued investment on improving Production workflows for the M+E industry.”
PFT is strategically focused on helping content creators build a more connected Production supply chain, so we developed CREATE, a Production module of CLEAR which adds tremendous value. CREATE helps content creators digitize end-to-end, the pre-production and production phases of the content creation process. It allows ALL stakeholders engaged in creation – writers, creative teams, cast, technicians, vendors including location managers, art directors, costumers, make-up artists, from day players to producers – to collaborate in real time on a mobile device. Some of CREATE’s latest features include auto script breakdown, digital approvals, casting process management (including access to talent databases), instant wrap-up reports, centralised digital archives, and enhanced security. Users of this revolutionary mobile app will now be able to enjoy increased mobility, along with enhanced efficiencies and greater visibility across the Production supply chain.
In addition to CREATE, PFT’s transformational DAX Production Cloud has also undergone significant changes. Based on the patented, Emmy award-winning DAX with Digital Dailies, DAX Production Cloud centralises assets into a single repository which can be securely accessed by authorised stakeholders throughout the content lifecycle. The latest updates to the software alleviate longstanding file management and security challenges for media professionals. Some of the most significant new capabilities include:
- Enhanced security, extending the existing multi-factor authentication with seamless integration of Okta identity management.
- An ‘Actions’ menu that provides immediate access to DAX’s wealth of production and collaboration tools including Metadata Edits, Distribute, Copy, Move, Share and more.
- A lightning fast and much more intuitive ‘Copy/Move’ tool that scales to support complex production workflows and works on both web and mobile platforms.
- A greatly simplified “Upload” functionality with an intuitive drag-and-drop user interface that seamlessly supports all file types, including Dailies, cuts, videos, documents, sound files, and more.
- DAX Production Cloud continues to provide the flexibility of using privately hosted or public cloud infrastructure, including Azure, AWS and others. The software’s unique hybrid cloud architecture also allows management of distributed storage, facilitating global content operations.
PFT is showcasing CLEAR Media ERP, along with latest updates to DAX Production Cloud and CREATE at IBC 2018 – booth 7.C05.