Etere Adopts SFTP Protocol for Secured Video and Data Transfers
In today’s data-driven world, the speed, security, availability and accuracy of data sent and received matters. For many broadcasters and media distributors, content is king and up to thousands of files are exchanged during daily operations. To minimize your security vulnerabilities and secure your critical data, Etere upgrades to the highest level of security with SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) that protects your data during transfer operations. This is a free upgrade that can be enabled across the Etere Ecosystem.
SFTP Provides the Highest Level of Security for Data Transfers
SFTP ensures data integrity and security by applying SSH2 Message Authentication Code (MAC) to hashed data payload packets, which are encrypted in the data stream. SFTP verifies the identity of the client and once a secured connection is established, information is exchanged. During the data transfer process, SFTP executes multiple layers of security protocols including:
- Encryption: Files are encrypted to prevent interceptions during transfers.
- Public Key Authentication: Authenticates users on top of existing password and public-key authentication protocols.
- Data Integrity and Authenticity Checks: Verifies source of transmitted file and checks whether the file content has been changed.
- Host Authentication: Enables clients to verify whether the server is the intended server.
Key Benefits of SFTP
- SFTP servers support large file transfers very easily and efficiently.
- Multiple files can be transferred from one server to another in one go.
- Safeguards all vulnerabilities throughout the file transfer process.
- Uses a tunnelling transfer method.
- Encrypts the data before sending it to another host.
- Transmission is secure and can be compressed.
- Supports both password and public-key authentication.
- Provide support for IPV6 HTTP protocols.
- Helps you to handle server key re-exchanges transparently.
- Implements the SSH3 protocol.
- Support for TMUX, Screen sessions.
- Allow incoming and outbound connections on port 22.