Tape Storage Council: Tape Takes Aim on Unprecedented Data Growth
The Tape Storage Council has released its State of the Tape Industry report, which highlights the current trends, use cases, and technology innovations occurring within the tape storage industry.
With its unique benefits, tape has the greatest potential to address today’s soaring capacity demands. The role tape serves in modern data centres is quickly expanding into new markets as compelling technological advancements have made tape the most economical, highest capacity, and the most reliable and secure storage medium available.
The full report is available here and highlights:
- The new enterprise tape drive.
- Tape Roadmaps – LTO roadmap extended to Generation 12.
- Tape TCO calculators.
- Active Archives – addressing complexity with an intelligent data management layer.
- Growing tape capacities and data rates.
- RAIT improvements to throughput; Fault tolerance.
- RAO and TAOS – improving tape file access times.
- Key applications and demand drivers.
- Tape use cases and compelling value proposition.