New Year Heralds More Growth for OOH
The Out of Home (OOH) industry has posted an increase of 8.7 percent on net media revenue year-on-year in the first quarter of 2018, posting $203.1 million, up from $186.9 million for the first quarter in 2017.
Digital revenue is sitting at 49.7 percent of total net media revenue year-to-date, an increase over the recorded 44.4 percent for the same period last year.
“OOH is moving forward into an exciting period of progress and expansion; led by digital and the increasing availability of powerful data sets. This is compelling for advertisers and why we continue to see our revenue grow,” said Charmaine Moldrich, CEO, OMA.
The industry also recently announced that it will be investing up to $10 million to rejuvenate MOVE to accurately measure audiences and prove the power and efficacy of its OOH digital network. This follows the hundreds of millions of dollars OMA members have invested in building a modern dynamic channel, with scale to reach Australians on mass.
The industry ended 2017 with an increase of 6.03% on net media revenue, posting $837.1 million, up from $789.5 million for the previous year.
Category figures quarter one 2018
- Roadside Billboards (over and under 25 square metres) – $82.7 million
- Roadside Other (street furniture, bus/tram externals, small format) – $55.0 million
- Transport (including airports) – $35.1 million
- Retail, Lifestyle and Other – $30.3 million
Category figures for quarter one 2017
- Roadside Billboards (over and under 25 square metres) – $77.3 million
- Roadside Other (street furniture, bus/tram externals, small format) – $51.1 million
- Transport (including airports) – $29.5 million
- Retail, Lifestyle and Other – $28.9 million
SELF-SERVICE WEB SITE ADVERTISING
Manage your own ads on this web site. For more, click the button below.