HARMAN Professional Solutions Announces ‘Stories Behind the Sessions’ Interview Series
Featuring some of the industry’s most respected artists, engineers and producers, ‘Stories Behind the Sessions’ will feature in-depth interviews about the creative and recording processes behind iconic songs and albums. Hosted by musician/producer and radio personality, Christian Hand, attendees are invited to stop by the HARMAN Professional Solutions booth to experience these unique, once-in-a-lifetime interviews.
The ‘Stories Behind the Sessions’ interview series will include “LA Woman” by the Doors with guitarist Robby Krieger and producer Bruce Botnick, Bruce Springsteen’s “Born in the U.S.A.” with producer Toby Scott, “The Stage” by Avenged Sevenfold with audio engineer Joe Barresi, “Superstition” by Stevie Wonder with record producer Robert Margouleff, “Killing in the Name” by Rage Against the Machine with record producer Garth “GGGarth” Richardson, and “What’s Up” by 4 Non Blondes with lead singer Linda Perry.
Guests can also attend a series of meet and greets with legendary artists such as Doors guitarist Robby Krieger, Bootsy Collins, Guns N’ Roses drummer Matt Sorum, Sixx AM guitarist DJ Ashba and more. On Sunday, the HARMAN booth will host performances by MJ Ultra, Peter Hayes and Halle Johnson.
Podcast interviews hosted by renowned broadcast journalist, Nic Harcourt, will take place in the NAMM Media Center (Hall A 11526) with Mona Tavakoli and Becky Gebhardt of Raining Jane, Lenise Bent, engineer for Aja, Melissa Reese, keyboardist for Guns N’ Roses, Susan Rogers, engineer for Prince, and Karrie Keyes, engineer for Pearl Jam and founder of SoundGirls.
Thursday, January 16
- Toby Scott – Recording engineer, mixer and record producer.
- Stories Behind the Sessions – “Born in the U.S.A.” by Bruce Springsteen at 11:00AM – 12:00PM.
- Joe Barresi – Record producer and audio engineer.
- Stories Behind the Sessions – “The Stage” by Avenged Sevenfold at 1:00PM – 2:00PM.
- Robert Margouleff – Record producer and audio engineer.
- Stories Behind the Sessions – “Superstition” by Stevie Wonder at 4:00PM – 5:00PM.
Friday, January 17
- Matt Sorum – Drummer for Guns N’ Roses, Hollywood Vampires, Velvet Revolver.
- Q&A + meet and greet at 11:00AM – 12:00PM.
- Garth “GGGarth” Richardson – Record producer and audio engineer.
- Stories Behind the Sessions – “Killing in the Name Of” by Rage Against the Machine at 1:00PM – 2:00PM.
- Bootsy Collins – Legendary bassist for James Brown and Parliament-Funkadelic.
- Q&A + meet and greet at 3:00PM – 4:00PM.
Saturday, January 18
- Bill Hanley – Front of house engineer for Woodstock.
- Interview by Nic Harcourt at 11:00AM – 12:00PM.
- Linda Perry – Songwriter and lead singer for 4 Non Blondes.
- Stories Behind the Sessions – “What’s Up” by 4 Non Blondes at 12:00PM – 1:00PM.
- Robby Krieger and Bruce Botnick – Guitarist for legendary rock band The Doors; producer for The Doors, The Beach Boys, and Love.
- Stories Behind the Sessions – “LA Woman” by the Doors at 1:00PM – 2:00PM.
- DJ Ashba – Guitarist for Sixx AM and Guns N’ Roses.
- QandA + meet and greet at 4:00PM – 5:00PM.
Sunday, January 19
- MJ Ultra – L.A.-based alternative R&B artist.
- Live performances at 11:00AM – 12:00PM.
- Peter Hayes – Guitarist of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.
- Live performances at 1:00PM – 2:00PM.
- Halle Johnson – California-based soul artist.
- Live performance at 3:00PM – 4:00PM