The Department of Broadband, Communications, and the Digital Economy has invited Australians to log in to a live internet television event on 12 June at 7pm EST, for an interactive conversation about the National Broadband Network (NBN). A panel of experts will look at the opportunities on offer through the NBN, particularly for regional Australia, and answer questions from around the country.
The panellists, from various industries and interest groups, will discuss and explore how the NBN will provide change and benefits for regional Australia. People can watch the panel discussion live from the University of New England in Armidale, NSW, on their computer, and ask the panel questions via a live chat window.
Panel members will be moderated by technology journalist Mark Jones, and include:
- Stuart Hamilton, former CEO Open Universities Australia
- Nan Bosler, President, Australian Seniors Computer Clubs Association
- Paul Budde, CEO of an independent telecommunications research and consultancy company
- Rachel Dixon, COO Viocorp, one of Asia Pacific’s largest internet broadcasting companies
- Sean Casey, NBN Co spokesperson, who will be able to answer any specific questions about the roll out