Commercial Radio Audiences in COVID-19
With Australian metropolitan radio surveys temporarily paused due to COVID-19, the commercial radio industry commissioned a study to provide the market with a better insight into the size and behaviour of metropolitan audiences, as restrictions began to ease.
The GfK Radio Pulse study reports on the number of Australians listening across all platforms, including broadcast radio, apps, online and smart speakers. The sample included respondents across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth and was representative by age and gender.
The findings demonstrate the important role that commercial radio is playing in keeping Australians informed and entertained, as they gradually return to their regular behaviour and activities.
The findings included:
- Commercial radio audiences increased at least 4% in all markets
- More than 9 million metropolitan listeners in the home
- More than 7 million metropolitan listeners from Breakfast to Drive; all four dayparts up
- Under 40 listeners in the home surged 65.1% to more than 4 million
- Home listeners rose at least 39% in all markets, far exceeding any small declines in car listeners
SELF-SERVICE WEB SITE ADVERTISING
Manage your own ads on this web site. For more, click the button below.