Singapore Ticketing Agency Launches Live Streaming Platform
Singapore’s largest ticketing agency SISTIC has launched a new live streaming platform – SISTIC Live – dedicated to live broadcasts and video-on-demand of art, cultural and entertainment productions, along with classes, workshops and webinars.
SISTIC Live supports arts groups and individual artistes with an agile and innovative Live streaming platform for ticketed performances so that they can earn income even with lockdown measures. Organisers can also use the platform for free workshops and classes.
SISTIC Live provides the technology to stream past and present productions, along with ticketing services to sell a set number of tickets for the show, generating much needed revenue for covid-constrained productions. Through a seamless booking experience, customers can easily purchase tickets on SISTIC’s website and make payment as usual, with debit/credit cards and digital wallets including PayPal and DBS PayLah. With ticket payment complete, patrons will receive instructions on how to access and view the show.
This in-house developed streaming platform also provides show organisers with the option of hosting the live streaming content on SISTIC Live, or on their own streaming server, with SISTIC providing marketing and ticketing services for both options.
“Virtual events and streaming are part of the new normal. Although streaming is unlikely to replace the multi-sensorial experience of physically attending a live event, it is important to us that our live entertainment fans remain connected while at the same time providing a unique option for show organisers to generate sales and revenue,” said Joe Ow, CEO, SISTIC.
SISTIC has partnered with Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay for the launch. Esplanade will release recordings of three well-loved original theatre and dance productions from Esplanade’s cultural festivals, on SISTIC Live from 24 – 31 May.
The productions are:
- the pulsating epic Fatih – The Prince and The Drum by NADI Singapura which incorporates music, theatre and dance from Pesta Raya – Malay Festival of Arts 2019;
- the dystopian 7 Sages of the Bamboo Grove by Toy Factory Productions, inspired by the real-life historical figures of the Seven Sages from Huayi – Chinese Festival of Arts 2020; and
- Anjaneyam – Hanuman’s Ramayana, a dance drama co-produced with Apsaras Arts, based on the Ramayana epic from Kalaa Utsavam – Indian Festival of Arts 2017.
To watch an event on SISTIC LIVE, viewers will need the following:
- System Requirements: Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
- Supported desktop browsers: Google Chrome 45+; Mozilla Firefox 49+; Safari 10+; Microsoft Edge 15+; Internet Explorer 11 – requires Flash plugin to be installed
- Supported mobile browsers: Chrome 45+, Safari 10+ (iOS)
- Internet Connection: 5-10mbps download speed is recommended.
SELF-SERVICE WEB SITE ADVERTISING
Manage your own ads on this web site. For more, click the button below.