Record $43.5 Million Available for Distribution to Screenrights Members in 2018/19
Australian rights and royalty management body Screenrights has announced a record AUD$43.5 million available for distribution to members in the 2018/19 financial year.
Other highlights of the year include 1,637,704 “events” (program usage instances) recorded, up 33% from 2017/18; membership growth of 5% to total 4,438 members from 66 countries around the world; and collections of $2.94 million through Screenrights’ Disbursements service – an increase of 38% year on year.
At its AGM held at the company’s office in Sydney last night, Screenrights’ Chair Jill Bryant also announced that this will be her final year as Chair after thirteen years in the role, and the non-profit revealed its Board election results.
Jill Bryant said: “Since being elected Chair in 2006, the Society has collected over $543.8 million and distributed over $434 million to rightsholders in screen content around the world. In 2006/07 we had 2,653 members in 54 countries and distributed just under $20 million to them. In FY2018/19 membership has increased to 4,438, and the amount distributed has more than doubled to over $40 million.
“I am proud to have played my part in the growth and development of our unique organisation, and in preparing it for the challenges of business in a new and ever-changing media landscape. I believe that I am leaving the organisation in a strong position under James’ capable leadership, supported by a first-rate staff under the guidance of a distinguished Board.”
Elected to the Screenrights Board in its first Authorial Director position is screenwriter Kelly Lefever. Lefever has written, script produced, script edited, story lined and story edited more than 600 hours of Australian television, and her credits include Something in the Air, Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries and Prisoner. She also serves on the Board and the Evaluation and Advisory Committee of Film Victoria.
Re-elected to the Screenrights Board are: Geoffrey Atherden, AM, who returns for a second term and has previously served as President of the Australian Writers’ Guild and on the Board of Screen NSW; and Ben Grant, Managing Director of Goalpost Pictures, who returns for his third term and was elected Screenrights Deputy Chair in 2016.
SELF-SERVICE WEB SITE ADVERTISING
Manage your own ads on this web site. For more, click the button below.