New CRA Chair and Re-Elected Board
A new Chair of the Board of Directors has been appointed at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of industry body Commercial Radio Australia CRA.
Grant Blackley, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Southern Cross Austereo was elected as Chair of CRA. Adam Lang, chief executive officer, Macquarie Media Limited stepped down after four years. Lang has been on the board since 2012 and will remain on the board and retain his role as Chair of the CRA Research Committee.
Blackley has worked in the media and entertainment sector for more than 30 years. As chief executive officer and managing director of Southern Cross Austereo, he is responsible for leading the strategic and operational performance of the company. Blackley has been a director of the CRA Board since 2015 and also serves as a director at Free TV Australia. He has held numerous senior leadership roles including CEO of Ten Network from 2005 – 2012.
Incoming CRA Chair Grant Blackley said, “The commercial radio industry is a dynamic and innovative multiplatform medium and I look forward to working collaboratively as Chair of CRA with all key stakeholders including the networks and station members, industry commentators and observers as well as key political and government agencies.”
Dr Grant Cameron, Director of Grant Broadcasters Group and Vice-Chairman, CRA Regional Committee resigned from the board after 12 years. Alison Cameron, appointed CEO of the family-owned regional broadcaster in July this year, was elected to the CRA Board and will also serve as the Vice-Chair, CRA Regional Committee.
Ciaran Davis, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of ARN and HT&E returns to the CRA Board, replacing outgoing ARN CEO Rob Atkinson.
Following the conclusion of the meeting, CRA chief executive officer, Joan Warner thanked outgoing Chair Adam Lang for his leadership, support and commitment to the industry body and Grant Cameron for his long service on the board and his leadership of the Regional Committee.
The CRA Board:
- Grant Blackley, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Southern Cross Austereo, Chair of Commercial Radio Australia.
- Alison Cameron, Chief Executive Officer of Grant Broadcasters Group, elected as Vice-Chairman Regional.
- Adam Lang – Chief Executive Officer – Macquarie Media Ltd
- Kevin Blyton – Managing Director, Capital Radio Network
- Greg Cupitt – Consultant, Super Radio Network
- Michael Harvey – Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer, Australian Radio Network
- Ciaran Davis – Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Australian Radio Network and HT&E
- Lisa Young – Chief Financial Officer – Macquarie Media Ltd
- Cathy O’Connor – Chief Executive Officer, Nova Entertainment
- Tony Hudson – General Counsel and Company Secretary – Southern Cross Austereo
- Peter Colosimo – Group General Manager – Nova Entertainment
SELF-SERVICE WEB SITE ADVERTISING
Manage your own ads on this web site. For more, click the button below.