FOX Networks Asia – 15 Accolades in 2018 Asian Academy Creative Awards
FOX Networks Group Asia has been recognised with a cumulative 15 wins in the Asian Academy Creative Awards 2018, including three ‘Best in Region’ awards. These accolades underpin FOX Networks Group Asia’s commitment to creating and sharing best-in-class content with viewers in Asia, via a powerhouse integrated strategy which flows across a diverse set of broadcast channels, formats and genres.
Judged by industry professionals of strong standing and expertise in the field, the Asian Academy Creative Awards celebrate the highest standard of achievement in Asian storytelling – saluting excellence, skill and technical discipline amongst top content creators in the region. Entries into the Awards pass through two distinct judging rounds; winning accolades at the national and then the regional level. Regional wins were awarded last week on Friday, 7 December at the Gala Finals event held at Singapore’s historic Capitol Theatre, as part of the 2018 Singapore Media Festival.
FOX Networks Group Asia took a total of 15 Asian Academy Creative Awards, including 15 preliminary ‘Best in Nation’ wins and a further three Best in Region wins at the Gala Finals event. Winning FNGA content spanned a range of categories including documentary programming, premium original productions and reality TV.
The 2018 awards for FOX Networks Group Asia comprised:
Best in Region
- Asia’s Next Top Model Cycle 5 (FOX Life, Singapore) – Best General Entertainment Program
- The Last Drop (National Geographic, India) – Best Current Affairs Program or Series
- Curious Quest (National Geographic, Hong Kong) – Best Ad, TVC or Digital
Best in Nation
- Inside T4: Terminal of Tomorrow (National Geographic) – Best Branded
- Zeb’s Big Fish (Nat Geo Wild) – Best Natural History or Wildlife Program
- Asia’s Next Top Model Cycle 5 (FOX Life) – Best Adaptation of an Existing Format
- Great Escape with Vishal and Sarah (FOX Life) – Best Branded
- Inside Indian Naval Academy (National Geographic) – Best Infotainment Program
- Masters of Taste With Gary Mehigan (National Geographic) – Best Lifestyle Program
- Hotel Salvation (HOTSTAR) – Best Original Screenplay by Shubhashish Bhutani and Asad Hussain
- Spirited Traveller (FOX Life) – Best Lifestyle Presenter for Kiran Jethwa
- India’s Next Superstar (Star India Network) – Best Music or Dance Program
- Spirit Within – Tokyo: Old Meets New (National Geographic) – Best Short Form Content
- Cesar’s Recruit Asia 2 (National Geographic) – Best Branded
- Taiwan’s Toughest (National Geographic) – Best Documentary Series
Keertan Adyanthaya, Executive Vice President, Content and Communications, FOX Networks Group Asia said, “Viewers in Asia are hungry for the best, most creative, most original entertainment and FOX Networks Group Asia is committed to satisfying their appetite. We seize every opportunity to create and share spectacular stories with our viewers, and rounding out the year with these fantastic wins at the Asian Academy Creative Awards will push us even more to continue making bold investments in premium original content to ignite imaginations in Asia.”
Pawan Soni, Vice President of Programming and Marketing, National Geographic India, commented on the win, “National Geographic’s goal is to consistently inspire our viewers through smart and innovative programming, inciting fresh conversation-starters and driving audiences to question how they view the world. Winning abundant recognition in the Asian Academy Creative Awards demonstrates that our entertainment strategy is on the right track, and we can’t wait to excite our viewers with even more groundbreaking travel, cooking, documentary and original content in the future.”
FOX Networks Group Asia’s wins at the 2018 Asian Academy Creative Awards are hot off the heels of a year of success at regional and international awards. In September, FOX Networks Group was recognised with 22 top honours at the 2018 Primetime Emmy Awards after receiving a total of 98 nominations. 21st Century Fox recently announced its 24 nominations for the 76th Annual Golden Globe Awards with FX leading all TV networks with 10 nominations. FOX Networks Group Asia has also clinched seven nominations in the 23rd Asian Television Awards, which will take place in January 2019.
SELF-SERVICE WEB SITE ADVERTISING
Manage your own ads on this web site. For more, click the button below.