REMINDER: SPA Survey On Broadcaster Deals
In November, Screen Producers Australia (SPA) set up an anonymous survey to obtain more information on non-standard deal terms with Australian broadcasters.
Based on the feedback received, SPA has identified the following key issues with commissioning deals during the past 12 months:
- Broadcasters are increasingly requesting enhanced online rights packages (e.g. exclusive AVOD, SVOD and TVOD rights) without necessarily paying additional licence fees for such enhanced rights.
- Requests for licence periods outside the licence periods permitted under the terms of the Australian Television Repeats and Residuals Agreement (ATTRA).
- Expansion of holdbacks across most non-licensed rights and enhanced first and last matching rights;
- Unreasonable requests to share in the Producer Offset and other forms of revenue.
- Pressure to re-characterise licence fees and equity contributions.
Whilst SPA received very detailed feedback from the members that participated in the survey, the participation rates across the membership were quite low. In order to obtain data that is more reflective of the broader membership, SPA is extending the deadline for the survey to 14 December 2018.
To provide feedback, please click here.
SPA encourages all members who have not yet participated in the survey to complete the survey before 14 December. The results of the survey will provide SPA with important insights that will guide future industrial and advocacy activities.
For questions contact Elle Curran, Director of Legal and Business Affairs, via firstname.lastname@example.org, or 02 8076 5879.
SELF-SERVICE WEB SITE ADVERTISING
Manage your own ads on this web site. For more, click the button below.