ABC Applauds Production Partners for SPA Awards Success
The ABC congratulates its content makers and production partners on their success at the Screen Producers Australia Awards, where ABC programs won six categories.
Landmark drama Mystery Road (Bunya Productions) won Telemovie or Mini Series Production of the Year, while Rosehaven (Guesswork Production) won best Comedy Series, and F*!#ing Adelaide (Closer Productions) won best Online Series. Mystery Road and Rosehaven are among the programs returning to the ABC in 2019.
Anh’s Brush with Fame (Screentime) won its second SPA Award in two years, this time for best Documentary Series, while the perennially popular Gruen won best Light Entertainment Series. Grace Beside Me (Magpie Pictures), a co-commission between ABC ME and NITV, won Children’s Series of the Year.
Michael Carrington, ABC Acting Director of Entertainment and Specialist, said, “Congratulations to our production partners for their commitment to remarkable Australian stories. As Australia’s leading broadcaster in supporting home-grown stories, collaboration is key to the ABC’s support of our production industry.”
The total budgets for content produced for first release on the ABC ($144 million) was higher than the combined total for broadcasters Seven, Nine and Ten ($142 million) in 2017-18, according to Screen Australia’s Drama Report.
18th Screen Producers Australia Awards winners for ABC TV titles
- Children’s Series Production of the Year – Grace Beside Me, Magpie Pictures
- Comedy Series Production of the Year – Rosehaven, Guesswork Television
- Light Entertainment Series Production of the Year – Gruen, CJZ
- Telemovie or Mini Series Production of the Year – Mystery Road: The Series, Bunya Productions
- Online Series Production of the Year – F*!#ing Adelaide, Closer Productions
- Documentary or Documentary Series Production of the Year – Anh’s Brush with Fame, Screentime
SELF-SERVICE WEB SITE ADVERTISING
Manage your own ads on this web site. For more, click the button below.