4EB’s Katharina Loesche Wins CBAA National Features and Documentary Series
Radio 4EB, Brisbane’s Katharina Loesche has taken home the 2018 CBAA Community Radio Award in the National Features and Documentary Series category for her radio documentary ‘The Runners’ Guide’.
In ‘The Runners’ Guide’, Katharina followed a running group of vision-impaired joggers, finding solutions to get exercise in the Brisbane area.
It was produced as part of the 2018 National Features and Documentary Series, an annual showcase of work by new and emerging Australian community radio producers.
It is now available as part of the fifth instalment of the NFDS, an annual showcase of work by new and emerging Australian community radio producers.
With training and mentoring provided by the Community Media Training Organisation (http://cmto.org.au), eight producers based at community stations across the country turned their idea into a new half-hour feature for a national audience over 2018.
Discover all and previous year’s series at www.cbaa.org.au.
Through these eight new features, individuals tell engaging stories about issues affecting their communities from mining to farming, mediating street drug use, exercising with impaired vision, and migration across generations.
- The Runners’ Guide – Katharina Loesche (4EB, Brisbane).
- Healthy Soils, Healthy Communities – Barry Green (Donnybrook Community Radio, Donnybrook).
- Hear Our Voices – Aguer Athian (3ZZZ, Melbourne).
- To Say I Am Home – Mahendra Chitrarasu (Radio Adelaide).
- Hidden Carers – Meredith Gilmore (Coast FM 963, Gosford).
- At The Coalface – Nikola Van de Wetering (4ZZZ, Brisbane).
- The Shooting Gallery – Aoife Cooke (3CR, Melbourne).
- Finding Voice – Mick Paddon and Humayun Reza (Eastside FM, Sydney).
Free for airplay on Australian community broadcasters, the series can be heard online at http://nfds.org.au, through iTunes and your favourite podcast app or platform.
Produced with the assistance of the Department of Communications and the Arts via the Community Broadcasting Foundation.
SELF-SERVICE WEB SITE ADVERTISING
Manage your own ads on this web site. For more, click the button below.