Digital Video Revolution at CASBAA Convention 2017
Regional multichannel TV and digital video trade body CASBAA has announced the key themes (and workshop programme) for the CASBAA Convention 2017 to be staged at Studio City in Macau, from the 6th to the 8th of November.
“The line-up for the three-day CASBAA Convention 2017 has been designed to capture the urgent issues facing our industry at a time of the most dynamic market changes seen in more than 20 years,” said Christopher Slaughter, CASBAA CEO.
CASBAA represents 100 corporations across 20 markets in the Asia Pacific, running from China to Australasia, Japan to Pakistan and encompassing over 623 million Pay-TV subscribers and 2.5 billion broadband connections.
The full implications of the digital video revolution are at the top of the CASBAA Convention 2017 agenda, including solutions to the potentially devastating impact of digital piracy, the on-going opportunities presented by local, regional and global OTT platforms and the challenges arising from the mountains of detailed digital data now being assessed by broadcasters, carriers, technology vendors and advertisers alike.
“The blue-chip list of Pay-TV operators, content creators, broadband carriers, investors, sponsors and regulators attending CASBAA Convention 2017 guarantee unrivalled access to the Asia Pacific pay-TV and digital video decision makers” said Slaughter. “Networking in every sense is a central element within the CASBAA Convention 2017 programme”, he added.
In the meantime, through a series of ‘Masterclass’ panels and presentations, the CASBAA Convention 2017 programme will deliver:
- Real-time case studies focused on the crucial battle against on-line piracy, including a few ‘Wins’.
- A fresh look at the best performing business models for Pay-TV.
- Deep-dive presentations on the vital security technologies and regulatory ‘fixes’ under debate across Asia Pacific and around the world.
- Close examinations of the new ecosystems and revenue streams now available for the monetisation of emerging digital video markets.
- New insights on the impact of soon to be launched broadband satellite services across Asia.
- Plus ‘Understanding the Viewer’: a series of closely moderated conference sessions shedding fresh light on the complex worlds of digital media and programmatic advertising.
Key Speakers include:
- Samuel Scott, Columnist, The Promotion Fix @ The Drum
- Hosi Simon, Global General Manager, VICE Media
- NK Sinha, Secretary, MIB, Government of India
- Dr Ros Lynch, Director, Copyright & IP Enforcement, UK Intellectual Property Office
- Sudhanshu Vats, Group CEO, Viacom18
- Birathon Kasemsri Na Ayudhaya, Chief Content and Media Officer, True Corporation
- Jeremy Butteriss, Managing Director for Global Partnerships, APAC, Google
SELF-SERVICE WEB SITE ADVERTISING
Manage your own ads on this web site. For more, click the button below.