GSMA Reveals Shortlist for 2017 Asia Mobile Awards
The GSMA recently announced the nominees for the 2017 Asia Mobile Awards. Winners of the ‘AMO Awards’ will be honoured at the Asia Mobile Awards Ceremony and Dinner Reception at DaGuan Theatre in Pudong, Shanghai on Wednesday the 28th of June. The GSMA also announced several further updates on programmes taking place at Mobile World Congress Shanghai, which will run from Wednesday the 28th of June through to Saturday the 1st of July.
“We congratulate all nominees for the 2017 Asia Mobile Awards,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “The AMOs highlight the technologies, products, services, companies and individuals that are leading the way in the Asia mobile industry today. We wish all those shortlisted the very best of luck and look forward to celebrating our industry’s best and brightest at Mobile World Congress Shanghai.”
For 2017, 115 nominees have been shortlisted for 12 awards across five categories: Best Mobile Apps, Best Mobile Devices, Best Technology Innovation, Outstanding Achievement, and the new category of Social and Economic Development.
The AMO Awards are judged by more than 50 world-leading independent experts, analysts, journalists, academics and, in some cases, mobile operator representatives. The full list of nominees, as well as additional information on the AMO Awards, is available at www.asiamobileawards.com/asia-mobile-awards-2017-nominee-shortlist.
Jason He, news anchor of International Channel Shanghai, has been confirmed as the host of the 2017 AMO Awards. Jason has received many industry accolades, such as the ‘Platinum Remi Award for the Best Interview Program’ at the 46th Worldfest Houston Film and TV Festival, USA in 2013, and has hosted high-profile events including the Media Session at the 10th Shanghai International Film Festival, among others.
Supporting Sponsors of the AMO Awards include Gionee, LeEco, and Supporting Media Partners include Asia Pacific Daily, AVING News, CNet, Communications World and Technode. MIGU Co., Ltd. has been confirmed as the AMO Entertainment Partner and will be live streaming the awards ceremony.
Additional Keynote Speakers Confirmed for Conference Programme
The GSMA announced several newly confirmed keynote speakers for the three-day Mobile World Congress Shanghai conference programme. Leaders from companies across the mobile ecosystem and adjacent industry sectors, as well as government organisations, will be participating in the keynote programme, including:
- Shang Bing, Chairman, China Mobile.
- Lu Yimin, President, China Unicom.
- Yang Yuanqing, Chairman and CEO, Lenovo Group.
- Kim Seang-Tae, Congressman, Republic of Korea.
- Cao Shumin, Mayor, Yingtan City, China.
These executives join previously announced keynote speakers including:
- Edward Tian, Chairman, AsiaInfo Group.
- Sunil Bharti Mittal, Founder and Chairman, Bharti Enterprises and Chairman, GSMA.
- Sanjay Jha, CEO, GlobalFoundries.
- Mats Granryd, Director General, GSMA.
- Kathryn Brown, CEO, Internet Society.
- Takashi Tanaka, President, KDDI.
- Rangu Salgame, Chairman and CEO, Princeton Growth Ventures and Non-Executive Chairman, The Next 3B.
- Steve Mollenkopf, CEO, Qualcomm.
- Andrew Penn, CEO, Telstra.
- Eva Chen, CEO and Co-Founder, Trend Micro.
SELF-SERVICE WEB SITE ADVERTISING
Manage your own ads on this web site. For more, click the button below.