National Community Radio Awards Entries Open
The 2017 CBAA Community Radio Awards are now open for entries. These national awards celebrate excellence in community broadcasting across 20 categories.
Community radio stations with programs, initiatives or practices that have increased their capability and improved the services offered to that station’s community are encouraged to apply.
Awards categories include:
- The Michael Law Award.
- The Tony Staley Award for Excellence in Community Broadcasting.
- The Outstanding Small Station Award.
- Outstanding Volunteer Contribution.
- Outstanding Youth Contribution.
- Excellence in Community Participation.
- Excellence in Indigenous Engagement.
- Excellence in Ethnic and Multicultural Engagement.
- The Troy Garner Award for Excellence in Sports Programming.
- Best New Radio Program – Talks.
- Excellence in Spoken Word, News and Current Affairs Programming.
- Best New Radio Program – Music.
- Contribution to Australian Music.
- Excellence in Music Programming.
- Excellence in Digital Media.
- Excellence in Technical Services.
- Excellence in Training.
- Most Innovative Outside Broadcast or Special Event Broadcast.
- Best Station Promotion or Fundraising Campaign.
- Best Station Production.
Entries will be open until 9am AEST on the 8th of May. Finalists are then announced in June and winners revealed at a Gala Dinner on the 11th of November held as part of the CBAA’s national community broadcasting conference.
For more information and to enter, head to the CBAA website.
SELF-SERVICE WEB SITE ADVERTISING
Manage your own ads on this web site. For more, click the button below.